Alan Jackson | Remember When
You need to listen to this. This is my most most favorite song of all time.
"To be honest, I don’t understand anything sometimes.
Like, I wake up every morning and the first thing I’ll think about is,
“I feel so fucking empty.”
That instead of being thankful that I am alive,
I feel so lonely and tired."
— m.c //
"He didn’t hold my hand during our first date. And it was alright.
He didn’t hold my hand when we crossed the street that night, but still, it was alright.
He kept looking at my hands the other day and said,
“your hands are too small for mine. I never held them because I was afraid that I might crush them.
I was afraid of holding your hands because I might not let go.”
After a few minutes of not talking, he asked me:
“Anyway, can I hold them?”"
— the first time we held hands // melody c.
"It’s 6 in the morning
and I can hear beautiful guitar riffs.
I can smell the smoke of
hidden cafes in Paris,
and I can hear men’s voices
as if I’ve been to the coldest depths of Russia.
Falling in love with you is,
hearing beautiful things,
falling in love with you
takes me to places I’ve never been.
But oh god, it feels like home."
You have the right to be lonely.
If you feel like you’re not worthy, it’s okay.
If you feel like you’re a shitty person, honey that’s alright.
You have the right to feel sorry about yourself,
you have the right to feel sad about your failures;
because you’re human.
If you feel like you need to mourn every morning
because you lost yourself along the way,
go ahead and cry.
If you feel like you need to break your ribs
to find good reasons to bring them back in their proper places,
go ahead and rip your skin apart and remove your bones
one by one.
Don’t forget to tell yourself that you’re entitled of your own feelings.
But since you’re allowed to be sad,
Do yourself a favor.
Allow yourself to be happy.
Allow yourself to cry because of laughing so hard.
Allow yourself to stay up late at night watching your favorite movies.
Allow yourself to get drowned with the happiest emotions that you
Allow yourself to fall in love with yourself more and more,
can i just sleep all day, or i’ll just lay here and listen to the rain and think about all the good things that happened to my life because i am too tired to move and talk and be stressed about things that suck. just one day, one day to be with myself and be happy.
"1. Strangers love my poetry about us more than you do even though you told me once the reason you fell in love with me was my words. Is this a lesson on how time slowly kills everything and all we can do is watch?
2. You tell me to stop giving in to the pain but some nights, that’s the only way I can sleep.
3. You used to be my North Star but now I’m my own source of light.
4. Your name feels like rocks in my mouth most days so why do I keep saying it?
5. It hurts you to watch me hurt and it hurts me to watch you hurt. You call this enabling but I wrap it in a ribbon and call it love. This may be why I’m a writer and you’re a scientist.
6. I’ve tried to find thousands of different ways to say this but here is the simplest I’ve come up with: I never quite figured out how to care about you halfway. I try to harden my edges but they soften every time you call and I will forever be the girl who drives 7 hours across state lines in the middle of the night to hold you while you cry.
7. When I called you from the airport the other day, what I said was: ‘about to get on the plane, just wanted to say bye’. What I meant was: ‘I don’t trust these metal birds. I’m human, what am I doing trying to fly? Let this be a record. I was here. And I loved you’.
8. I still miss you and I still haven’t found a good enough reason to pretend this isn’t true.
9. My hands are black with ink and when I woke up this morning, my head ached with the nightmare of a half-formed poem. Do other people have this much to say?
10. My little sister told me today that she wanted to be a writer and I didn’t know whether to kiss her forehead or cry.
11. My father says that hindsight is 20/20 so if you need something to look forward to, let it be that this will make sense to you someday."
— Fortesa Latifi - 11 Things That Kept Me Awake Last Night (via madgirlf)
"You will notice that she can’t say “no” when it comes to food but she’ll complain about her body after eating too much; but you will still buy foods for her and you will still take her to her favorite restaurants and you will notice how much time you spent looking at her than touching your food.
One day, you will realize that your taste in music is way too different from hers. But days will come when you will be missing her and you will find yourself listening to her favorite songs in the middle of the night.
There will be days when she will be an hour late to your date because of changing her clothes but you will still patiently wait for her and you will still ask her if she’d like to go out with you again.
You will find her boring, immature, insensitive, overreacting, stupid, shallow and mean sometimes but you will stay. You will stay because the day you realized that you love her is the day you realized that you love her for all of what she could give and all of what she could be."
"Isn’t it funny when we love someone so much
and then things didn’t work out so,
in the end you just broke up.
And then one day you’ll see him or her
somewhere and you won’t even look at each other’s eyes;
suddenly, you are strangers.
But that person knows you and all of your secrets,
fears, strengths and that person knows exactly
how you look every morning and then suddenly,
you became strangers.
Just like that."
"I honestly want to learn how to be gentle, open and brave at the same time. I want to learn how not to break my heart after trusting too much. I don’t want to let the fears of other people to destroy the soft walls of my heart. I won’t let cruelty to stop me from being happy over little things like, hearing my favorite songs, reading the best books, taking a shower when it’s cold and being loved by beautiful people."
"You won’t allow me to go to school.
I won’t become a doctor.
One day you will be sick."
Poem written by an 11 year old Afghan girl
This poem was recorded in a NYT magazine article about female underground poetry groups in Afghanistan. An amazing article about the ways in which women are using a traditional two line poetry form to express their resistance to male oppression, their feelings about love (considered blasphemous).
Anonymous said: Lahat ng pinsan at kapatid ko graduate ng cum laude... kaya expected gumraduate rin ako with honors.. kaso iba ako sa kanila, sobrang hina ko sa Math at iba pang academics.. feeling ko nga ampon lang ako kase lahat sila matatalino hahaha samantalang ako walang ibubuga. ang bobo ko. ewan ko.
Sssh. Do not let other people label you and do not label yourself as, “bobo” o kaya “ampon” :) don’t put too much stress on yourself. Take it one step at a time. Magaling ka hindi nga lang sa mga bagay na ineexpect ng mga tao sa paligid mo. :)
snapchat series #3
"We weren’t just teens, exploring our emotions were we?
Whatever we had, that wasn’t just a puppy love or a summer romance, was it?
We were in love, driving around the city while everybody was asleep,
shouting to the world how much we love each other so deeply
that every touch hurts in the most astonishing way,
the love that drove them insane,
the love that made the skies bleed,
the love that gave shivers to every bone,
the love that served as the best reason to wake up every morning and be thankful for every breath.
The love that gave us emotions we didn’t know the name,
the love we found on our skins and in our hearts."
— love, love and then love // melody c.